Niji, a seasoned legal practitioner and Principal of Niji Oni & Co, has spanned over a decade of diverse work experience across various industry sectors. In a recent strategic shift, he has deftly realigned his focus with the dynamic landscapes of Fintech, Agriculture, Hospitality, and Green Energy & Sustainability.
Drawing on his extensive expertise in finance and intellectual property law, Niji has emerged as a pivotal figure in shaping corporate and financial frameworks within these industries. His influential contributions serve as catalysts, empowering businesses to adeptly pursue and achieve their distinctive objectives.
Beyond his corporate prowess, Niji demonstrates a noteworthy dedication to sustainability, evident in his active engagement in Green Energy initiatives (Green Hydrogen and e-Fuels). His commitment extends beyond the boardroom, as he has, at various points in his career, led or co-led numerous corporate commercial transactions. Niji is not only a legal expert but also a thought leader who, through public speaking engagements and insightful write-ups, has contributed to critical discussions on legal issues impacting the corporate world. Additionally, his involvement in policy making and development has played a significant role in guiding certain initiatives to successful enactment.
Niji exemplifies a harmonious blend of legal expertise, business acumen, and a deep commitment to fostering positive change within the legal and corporate landscape.
Areas of Expertise:
- LL.M. Queen Mary University of London, B.L.
- B.L. Nigerian Law School.
- LL.B. University of Hertfordshire United Kingdom
- Member of the The Nigeria Bar Association(NBA)
Member of the Food Lawyers Network(FLN)
Member of the ITECH Law
Member and Officer of the International Bar Association.
- Advised Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) on Zero Reject Project – to entrench best practises in the food handling chain: linking stakeholders and farmers for quality consumption, export drive and Agricultural Development Action Plan.
- The department provided advisory opinion on harmonisation of the domestic laws to simplify the operations of the stakeholders. The department subsequent provided FMARD with cardinal points to have the Legislations and Regulations of the regulatory bodies reviewed to ensure the processing, inspection, and transportation of Nigerian Agro produce is in line with international standards, thereby aiding the promotion of food safety.
- Advised on the explosion of insect protein and rabbit urine for insecticides culture in Nigeria
- Team Lead for the drafting of the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau Act for establishment of accident investigation for multimodal transportation
- Team lead for the Establishment of the USD 5 Million fund for the first timeshare beach resort hotel in Nigeria
- Advised on the acquisition of 2,748.68 hectares of farmland for the cultivation of Agro produce in Oyo State.